And if you’ve been around for a while, welcome to the New York City dancefloor!
…is our weekly Friday Night Blues dance party is all about good music and good people. We focus on creating community and connecting with your fellow dancers for more than just a few fleeting minutes on the floor. At FNB you will hear mostly classic blues music , with a “Fusion 15″ (15 minutes of anything goes!) around 1am.
7:30 – 8:30 Fundamentals Lesson
8:30 – 9:30 Intermediate Lesson
8:30 – 9:30 Xtended Fundamentals Lesson
9:30 – 2:00 Dance with DJ’d music..
- Most Fridays: Highline Dance: 450 W31st st. 4th fl. , a homey dance studio in an industrial building a little off the beaten path near 10th ave. Only 2 avenues from the A train, 3 avenues from the 1,2,3 red line.
- Parking: You can usually find spaces along 8th or 9th ave below 31st st. Meters end at 7pm in most places, so you can park for free! There are also several 24hr parking lots nearby.
- Third Fridays of the Month (usually!): la Nacional: 239 W14th st, NY, NY …... a beautiful performance hall. Take the A or L trains to 8th ave, walk East, then go up the stairs to the red double doors.
- Parking: You can find plenty of free parking at meters after 7pm along 7th and 8th ave, and on 15th through 20th sts, North of 14th st. Don’t park in front of the building- you will get towed after 11pm!
**Sometimes we have special events…please check the calendar to see where we are, so you aren’t lonely and cold at the wrong venue!
- Prices: At Highline: the lesson is $10, Dance is $11 At la Nacional: the lesson is $10, Dance is $12
- Bring dance shoes with smooth bottoms for turning (flat soles recommended), especially when wet outside
- All ages. Wine and Beer sold at la Nacional, No bar at Highline, but join us in bringing alcohol to drink & share.
- There is no dress code. Prioritize comfort, within reason.
Stay updated by joining our Facebook group!